The system supports not only TCE, Bunker and Port Expense management, but output of management reports through vessel allocation planning including latest annual revenue and expenditure plan and funds transition report which can be used for an index for cashflow management. The system can integrates to TRANS-Owner which has functions of TC management and budget planning for vessel costs, order placement and payment. and output TC earnings by the vessel. Moreover, the system strongly supports efficient accounting work process including from daily slip creation work to book closing process including recording of AP/AR Invoice data and automatic creation of book closing journals through a seamless data interface to maritime accounting system, TRANS-Account.
TRANS-Operator System Configuration
System Integration with Partner Companies
DA-Desk is the largest independent provider of port cost management services. The world's leading shipping companies look to them for operational efficiency, cost savings, and a sophisticated understanding of compliance issues.
SDSD is a UK based company (previously known as Strategic Software Ltd/ Strategic Dataworks Ltd). We have supported the maritime industry through specialist software development and technology services since 1983. We have over 600 large and medium sized clients worldwide.
Bunker Management (BM) System
1. BM module is specially designed for non-accountant users and allows them to key in data which is appeared in the invoice issued by bunker supplier as they are without recognizing accounting jargon or journals.
2. Book closing journals related to bunker expenses are automatically created at once at the time of bunker inventory process at the end of the month by key in ROB at the end of month by the vessel and bunker type.
3. BM module has an adjustment function for settlement between tentative and final bunker unit price and recalculation function for bunker inventory processing based on final bunker unit price.
4. Appraisal loss of inventory bunker can be revaluated and journalized automatically in case depreciation of the bunker price at the time of book closing.
Bunker purchase slip can be created through keying in purchased QTY and tentative/final unit price by the Vessel, Bunker lifting port, item in accordance with bunker supplier's invoice. In addition, when final unit price differs from tentative unit price, the system call purchase data at tentative unit price and settle amount gap between them.
Batch transfer to bunker expense account at tentative expense price can be created through keying in ROB at the end of the month by the vessel and bunker type.
Bunker inventory amount can be recalculated at final unit price at the time of book closing and adjustment for settlement between tentative and final bunker unit price can be transferred at once.
In case book value of bunker inventory calculated in FIFO (First In, First Out) method at the time of book closing process is lower than market value (final purchase price), inventory bunker can be revaluated.
Port Expense Management (PE) System
1. PE module is specially designed for non-accountant users and allows them to key in data which is appeared in the invoice issued by bunker supplier as they are without recognizing accounting jargon or journals.
2. Settlement between Port Disbursement Advance and FDA can be performed to prevent mistype and omission of inputting amount of port disbursement advance and exchange rate.
3. Automatic replacement function for port expense accrual data is designed at the time of recording actual port expense data and this liberates system users to cancel accrual data completely.
Port disbursement advance slip can be created through keying in advance money by the vessel, voyage and port in accordance with assigned port agent’s quotation.
Once quotation data provided from assigned port agent is keyed in the system, port expense accrual slip can be created after offsetting with port disbursement advance.
Once invoice data provided from assigned port agent is keyed in the system, port expense actual slip can be created after offsetting with port disbursement advance. Trade Account payable and receivable can be recorded in accordance with magnitude relationship between port disbursement advance amount and FDA amount, or settlement of the amount gap can be settled at the next transaction.